Gerard O’Dea is the Director of Training for Dynamis.
- European Adviser for ‘Verbal Defense and Influence’ Conflict Management
- Specialist Personal Safety and Physical Interventions Training Consultant
- Certified Expert Witness on Conflict and Use of Reasonable Force
Each member of our small but specialist instructor team is carefully selected for their qualifications and experience – at the time of writing, all of our instructors have been with Dynamis for over 5 years. Our team holds relevant and accredited BTEC vocational qualifications in Verifying, Assessing, Designing and Delivering Education and Training for Adult Learners, including expertise in conflict management and physical interventions.
Feedback from our clients speaks volumes about the quality of our team and they would love to meet you at your Dynamis training course!
Full List of Qualifications
Cardiff University Law School / Bond Solon Certified Expert Witness (Criminal Cases)
University of Stirling BA Business Studies and Japanese
European Adviser for ‘Verbal Defense and Influence’ Conflict Communications Programmes from the Vistelar Group
- BTEC Level 4 Professional Award in Safer People Handling (RoSPA)
- BTEC Level 4 Professional Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Delivery of Conflict Management Training
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Physical Restraint Practice
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Physical Intervention (SIA)
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Advanced Self Defence Instruction
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Coaching & Instruction of Physical Restraint
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Safe and Effective use of Restraint Devices
Chartered Institute for Environmental Health
- Level 2 Award in Manual Handling
- Level 3 Award in Principles and Practice of Risk Assessment
Certified by the Institute for Prevention of In-Custody Deaths as a Use-of-Force Trainer
Certified at the NHS National Conflict Resolution syllabus Familiarisation Seminar
Certified at the AELE Workshop on Legal, Psychological and Biomechanical Aspects of Officer-Involved Lethal and Less-Lethal Use of Force.
National Federation for Personal Safety (NFPS) Certified Violence at Work Risk Assessor
- Protecting Scottish Public Services Workers National Conference Glasgow (2007)
- Control & Restraint General Services Association National Conference Edinburgh (2010)
Areas of Expertise
- Restrictive Practices and Restraint Minimisation Programmes
- Non-Escalation and De-escalation of Conflict and Distress in Care Environments
- Appropriate and Relevant Restraint and Control Tactics and Procedures
- Guidance on ‘Positive and Proactive Care’ (Department of Health 2014)
- The issues in common and criminal law in relation to restraint and use of force
- How the Human Rights Act 1998 impacts on training and management of physical interventions
- How Health and Safety legislation relates to staff who face occupational personal safety risk
- Restraint-related risks of sudden death and serious injury
- Human Factors-based Training Needs Analysis and Programme Design
- Psychological and Physiological factors in high-risk confrontations
- Obligations of managers under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The impact of legislation and Department for Education, Department of Health national guidance for the care of children and vulnerable adults in crisis.
Dynamis Insight is an accredited provider of personal safety, conflict management and physical intervention and training which is based on modern findings about the nature of aggression and violent confrontations. Our courses are sought out all across the UK and Internationally. Please email our team or call our office staff on 0844 812 9795 to talk to us about your particular training needs.