Appropriate and Relevant Training for Your Health or Care Team
Restraint Training for Health and Care
The following physical intervention learning objectives can be achieved for your team in 1-day. We have up to 5-day courses which are addressed to the specific needs of your service and are in line with an assessment of the risks you need to control in your organisation.
Communication: Verbalisation skills for communicating under pressure and de-escalation in high-risk situations
Behaviour: Fundamental understandings about the nature of aggression, its triggers, cues and how to de-escalate it.
Restraint Rules: Understanding Reasonable Force for Physical Interventions
Duty of Care: Understanding where the duty begins and ends and who carries responsibility for restraint during an intervention.
Government Guidance: What is expected by the national authorities who advise on best practice for physical interventions and restrictive practices.
Risk Awareness: What are the risks of physical intervention and how to reduce or avoid them
Teamwork: Working in cooperation with team-mates in high-risk restraint and disengagement situations
Restraint Tactics: Reliable and Robust methods for last-resort physical intervention situations
Whether you need physical intervention training for nurses, or safe holding training for carers, we can teach your staff about holding safely. Our experience ranges from mental health to learning disabilities, from brain injury to dementia. We have provided holding safely guidance and control and restraint training courses to teams who look after vulnerable people since 2006.
Dynamis physical restraint training will enable your staff with the knowledge, skills and judgement to be able to carry out last-resort restrictive physical interventions, appropriately to your environment. Our courses are always tailored for their specific target context and client group. Our team is experienced in training teams working with vulnerable people of all kinds in healthcare, social care, psychiatric, security and hospital environments.
When: 1 to 5 Days based on your identified needs and scheduled for your convenience
Who: Groups of up to 12 care staff are led by each Dynamis trainer (larger groups by request). Nurses and Care Workers, clinical staff, key workers and therapists can all benefit from courses which are tailored for your specific environment.
Our small but highly focussed team of trainers are highly experienced and professionally qualified verbal and physical intervention specialists. They hold Level 3 Qualifications in physical intervention, conflict management and breakaway/self-protection and regularly attend CPD events which ensures the quality of their delivery. Dynamis is an ICM Accredited Quality Award centre, assuring clients of our robust processes for the design, development, delivery and support of our training programmes.
Where: Training is held at your venue
How: Our trainers deliver this course using a mix of lecture/presentation, Q&A, physical practice and scenario rehearsal.
Why: ✓ Matched to your needs ✓ Led by Professional Trainers ✓ Legally Audited ✓ Fully Risk-Assessed ✓ Values Dignity and Respect ✓Safeguards Client rights ✓ Offers Staff Practical Options ✓ Compliant with Government Regulations ✓ Value for Your Investment
Please contact us to gain access to our online Restraint Training Needs Analysis tools.
We have delivered tailored Restraint Training Course programmes for a wide variety of clients such as those listed here, where you can read about how we worked successfully to deliver their objectives for the training:
- Learning Disabilities Respite Service
- Children and Young People Care Homes
- Safe Holding with Older People in Care Homes
- for Nurses in Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centres
- for Foster Carers
- for Learning Disability Client / Case Manager
- Officer Safety Training for Custody Support Officers
- Personal Safety Training for Prison Officers at the Scottish Prison Service College
- Personal Safety Training for Homelessness Drug & Alcohol Support teams
- Training for Mental Health Unit
This video shows some examples of our mid-tier restraint training. Less intrusive and more restrictive tactics also form part of our complete repertoire for the full spectrum of risks which exist in healthcare, social care, education and security environments.
- 2018 FEEDBACK SURVEY: The training course from Dynamis fulfilled or exceeded expectations 98.1% 98.1%
- Our Dynamis instructor had a very good or excellent level of knowledge and competence 97.4% 97.4%
- The theory and knowledge components helped me professionally 99.6% 99.6%
- The techniques and tactics were appropriate to real scenarios in our work 97.3% 97.3%
- Our Dynamis trainer observed good Health and Safety practices 99.4% 99.4%
- The Dynamis training course was of the right duration to gain the skills and knowledge I needed 89.9% 89.9%