“During the visit, the untrained Options employee was left alone in a kitchen with the individual despite a care plan stating that the resident, whose violence and aggression had been clearly identified, required the attendance of two care workers at all times. Whilst the employee was unaccompanied, the resident crossed the kitchen and stabbed the (read more)
We bring skills to teams of staff who meet angry, upset and distressed people in their work.
Since 2007 we have worked internationally to help teams who look after often vulnerable people who become difficult to work with, distressed, or even dangerous to themselves or others.
Book a free Training Needs call now,
to get the right conflict management
training for your team.
Hospital Settings – Patient and Staff Safety with Restraint Reduction
Team Dynamis has been operating internationally since 2008 when our team were first asked to bring best-practice approaches from the United Kingdom to hospital services in gcc uae qatar saudi mena gcc in restraint training and violence management. Since then our team has visited Abu Dhabi and Dubai to teach extended programmes, along with consultancy and advisory visits to Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait in addition to meeting professionals from Saudi Arabia and all around the Middle East, North Africa and Gulf Region to discuss how hospital administrators can implement programmes which reduce violence in their facilities. Specialists in gcc uae qatar bahrain oman saudi kuwait mena gcc restraint training and violence management.
We have assisted hospitals to achieve JCI accreditation and CCPC certification by helping them to evidence staff competencies for creating and protecting a safe and secure environment of care, in accordance with JCI Sentinel Event Alert #59, as an example. See JCI Sentinel Event #59 here. It outlines and details steps to manage and prevent healthcare workplace violence, as follows.
- Clearly define workplace violence and put systems into place across the organization that enable staff to report workplace violence instances, including verbal abuse.
- Recognizing that data come from several sources, capture, track and trend all reports of workplace violence – including verbal abuse and attempted assaults when no harm occurred
- Provide appropriate follow-up and support to victims, witnesses and others affected by workplace violence, including psychological counseling and trauma-informed care if necessary.
- Review each case of workplace violence to determine contributing factors. Analyze data related to workplace violence, and worksite conditions, to determine priority situations for intervention.
- Develop quality improvement initiatives to reduce incidents of workplace violence.
- Train all staff, including security, in deescalation, self-defense and response to emergency codes.
- Evaluate workplace violence reduction initiatives
In 2017 we broadened our scope of work and have delivered work in schools in Qatar, Dubai and in Abu Dhabi where Positive Behaviour Management and Positive Handling strategies are increasingly of interest in both mainstream schools (primary and secondary) and for teams of staff who work in Special Needs (SEN, SEND, Autism, ABA) settings.
In these situations we help school staff and carers to establish safe and secure consistent learning environments in their establishment, where both staff and children can work together in safety despite having to manage with emotional or behavioural difficulties, with challenging behaviour due to Learning Difficulties or Autism, ADHD, PDA or other conditions.
Specialists in gcc uae qatar bahrain oman saudi kuwait mena gcc for restraint training and violence management.
Our Experience in teaching in multi-national and multi-cultural environments is unparalleled in our sector, and our long-standing relationships with clients in the MENA and GCC region attest to this. Our Director of Training has deep interests in cross-cultural conflict management and has developed specific experience in how to work with teams where religion, ethnicity, cultural norms, behavioural norms, gender, age, hierarchical issues, status and stress influence the team dynamic both internally and externally to the team’s client group.
We are developing a specialty in cross-cultural conflict communications and workplace conflict resolution which is unrivalled in the MENA or GCC region.
Please get in touch to discuss more about how we can help you to reduce violence, cut staff injuries and disruption caused to your services by difficult, distressed or dangerous behaviour.
Why: ✓ Matched to your needs ✓ Led by Professional Trainers ✓ Legally Audited ✓Fully Risk-Assessed ✓ Values Dignity and Respect ✓ Safeguards Client rights ✓Offers Staff Practical Options ✓ Compliant with International Standards ✓ Value for Your Investment ✓ Culturally Sensitive
Staff who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the concept of Reasonable Force in relation to physical intervention and restraint.
- Explore the requirements of international Human Rights and how they apply to physical interventions.
- Examine the requirements of Occupational Health and Safety best practice and associated guidance and show how they apply to physical interventions.
- Evaluate the risks associated with aggression and violence (pre-, during and post-incident) and explore how to minimise those risks.
- Identify and describe the relevant guidance and best practice in relation to the physical restraint of vulnerable individuals and groups.
- Differentiate between holding, escorting and restraining and non-harmful restraint techniques and how to apply them.
- Demonstrate and explain how to gradually de-escalate and relax restraint to allow the subject being restrained to regain self-control.
- Explore the risks of associated with alcohol and drugs, knives and other forms of edged weapons in relation to violence management and tactics.
- Investigate the difference between non-harmful methods of control and more restrictive methods of control and when the use of such methods would be considered appropriate.
Community Lone Working
Personal Safety and Breakaway
Tailored Training and Advice
We tailor our courses to meet the needs of each organisation or team that we meet, however our 4 main areas of work are as follows:
- 1Non-Escalation and De-Escalation Training for frontline staff which incorporates elements of how to identify escalating conflict, what to do when a person is being aggressive or resistant, and what to do when the resolution of conflict requires empathy and listening or persuasion skills.
- 2Protective Physical Interventions for frontline staff which enables them to survive, reverse and respond appropriately to circumstances of physical violence where as aa a last resort they may need to protect themselves or others using the least intrusive interventions possible in the circumstances.
- 3Train-the-Trainer Development for training staff within your organisation, enabling them to deliver learner-centric courses which engage, motivate and reliably impart the target conflict and physical skills your organisation needs to create a safe and secure workplace.
- 4Consulting and Expert Support for organisations facing specific challenges, such as for example the current increasing levels of violence towards staff in Citizen Services, the similar rises in the Retail context and the ongoing search for effective ways to realise Restraint Reduction in our health and care services.
Make your workplace a safer working environment.
Our wide range of courses are designed for public-facing teams who deal with vulnerable individuals and those capable of spontaneous aggression. Our aim is that every person is treated with dignity and is shown respect, even when there is disagreement.
Book a tailored training course from Dynamis Training and your team will:
- Be aware of conflict triggers - both their own and others
- Use approaches which prevent situations from escalating
- Redirect negative behaviour without taking it personally
- Be persuasive using influence to win people around
- Listen and Empathise in order to resolve flashpoints
- Create and maintain a social contract in every interaction
Book your free training needs assessment.
Every organisation is unique and so you need a unique training course. Our free training needs assessment is a 30-minute process where we identify the risks your staff face and the training solutions you need.
We formulate a Bespoke Training Course.
Having understood the needs of your organisation we will create a bespoke training course tailored to your conflict flashpoints, issues and incident profile.
Your Staff experience relevant and beneficial training.
We will conduct your bespoke training course.
Satisfaction and Course Follow-up
Following the training session, we will conduct questionnaires with all attendees to give tangible before and after data.
The power of evidence-based training
High Staff Engagement
Because of the immediate relevance your staff see in our course design and delivery, they are engaged, motivated and energised during and after the training.
Better Transfer to the Workplace
Because sessions are all driven by your own scenarios, issues and challenges with the people you meet in your work, it has immediate relevance and transfers directly to your day-to-day workplace.
"Time Well Spent"
Your teams get many, many opportunities to learn and practice their new skills during 'countless reps' of the target skills, actively learning in every session. There are no boring powerpoints!
Measurable Change Happens
With highly targeted new skills, your teams can make measurable changes to their interactions and truly realise your organisation's safety ethos, focussing on dignity and respect, safety and wellbeing.
Gerard O'Dea // Director of Training at Dynamis
Hi and thanks for visiting our webpage today.
In over 15 years of working with frontline staff who face difficult, distressed and dangerous behaviour, I have seen time and again how prepared staff can perform well and respond to challenging circumstances.
From teachers to nurses, teaching and care assistants to security officers in our hospitals and social workers in the community, if you deal with people every day, managing conflict becomes a necessity.
I became involved in this work because I saw the power of training and preparation in helping people to stay safe at work and to be more successful in working with their colleagues to create better outcomes.
Since 2008, our clients in UAE include Al Ain Hospital, Rashid Hospital and DHA, the Erada Clinic, Aldar Academies, and numerous Dubai and Abu Dhabi schools who look after special needs children.
Our Director of Training has been ACTVET approved and our programmes have been been accredited with HAAD for Emergency Department and Mental Health hospital contexts.
We have sought out the best conflict management training content and the best learning methods in the world and bring them together for you and your team.
Our Partners and Accreditation
Member of The Institute of
Dynamis is a Quality Award Centre with the ICM, a recognised accrediting body in the U.K. for workplace training in the prevention and management of workplace violence.
European partner for Vistelar
Dynamis is the premier European Partner for Vistelar, a global consulting organisation covering training across the entire spectrum of human conflict.
Regional representative for 9 Attitudes behavioural tactics
Dynamis represents the 9 Attitudes system, a fully behavioural approach to self-protection and physical control which is based on the observable realities of physical confrontation.
Join Over 3,000 Happy Customers
Best Course I have attended in the NHS...
“This was by far the best course I’ve attended in the NHS. Fit for purpose, current, relevant and extremely well delivered. 10/10 for delivery, professionalism and structure.”
Andy W. // Security Management Specialist, SAFE Consultants
Made it Relevant...
"Thank you for supporting me get a full contextual understanding of your training programme. I was impressed by what I observed and I am sure the staff going forward will be able to fulfil the role covered by the course with renewed confidence."
Senior Matron - Head of petient safeguarding and Mental health // Great Western Hospital, Swindon
Grab a coffee and speak to our training advisor.
With over 15 years of experience working with clients, we are confident that we can gain an understanding of your issues, resources, timeframes and budget quickly and soon propose a training plan which fits your needs.
Organise Training Painlessly
What our customers are saying:
This is definitely the ‘gold’ standard
“I’d just like to take this opportunity to thank you for a first class course, both in delivery and content. The level of instruction was easy to follow, constructive and backed up by rationale, current best practice and legislation. This is definitely the ‘gold’ standard as far as I’m concerned and something as an organisation we need to aspire to."
Security Management Specialist (SMS) // NHS
Built around our incidents...
“The course was built around our specific incidents which we deal with on a regular basis. Our trainer then took the time and effort to listen to our needs and requirements and adapted the course to suit what we needed. Exceeded expectations - an excellent course.”
Hospital Security Officer // Norwich and Norfolk University Hospitals Trust.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You are fully protected by our 100% Satisfaction-Guarantee. If you are not fully satisfied by the training we deliver for your team, just let us know and we'll send you a prompt refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the training carried out?
Write the answer to the question here. This way, your visitors can easily pick the questions that matter to them, without being distracted by loads of text from the FAQ.
What is the investment in training?
The text in this landing page gives you a lot of help in creating good copy. And don't worry about it too much. The only way to get better at copywriting is to write more copy. So, get writing.
How many people can attend a training course?
Only if you like awesome landing pages that are rapidly customizable to your needs.
Is Dynamis training Accredited?
Does your product have a target audience? Does it have benefits? Then you can and should explain those benefits to your target audience on a page like this.
Is the training suitable for my staff and my context?
Your customers will let you know. The best way to find the "right" questions to answer in your FAQ is to pay attention to questions your visitors and customers send you. Your support system or helpdesk will be a rich source of insights about what questions need answering.
The new trainer team for this service began rolling out their own programme (a four-day, full-spectrum course for their LD/MH setting) to their staff in October. By December, they had seen dramatic reductions in key indicators such as time-in-restraint, floor-based-restraints and number-of-restraints for their high-frequency service users. “The amount of time we are spending in (read more)