Tony Torres :: Professional Personal Safety Training & Development
Recently, Tony has been directly involved in the development of personal safety programmes and the instructors who deliver personal safety training to:
- Nurses and Nursing Assistants in Healthcare Services
- Dementia Care Staff
- Lone Workers involved in Home Care
- Community-based workers involved in drug and alcohol outreach, domestic violence and homelessness
- Enforcement teams working in local government roles (environmental health and parking enforcement)
- Hospital Security teams
Tony is a career educator and coach-trainer in the areas of:
- Personal Safety Habits
- Situational Awareness
- Preventative and De-Escalation Practices
- Self-Protection Tactics (Unarmed and Armed) for Civilians
- Advanced Tactics for Occupational Teams in Special Contexts
Tony Torres was a defensive tactics instructor during his 9 years of service in the US Navy, where he had roles as a Search and Rescue swimmer and in Nuclear Weapons Security. During his 13 year career as a decorated Master Police Officer in the City of Virginia Beach he worked on patrol duties and later in special units tasked with gangs and narcotics operations. Following his years of public service, Coach Torres worked for Blackwater USA first as an instructor for Tactical Training, then as a Close Protection Team Leader in Iraq providing dignitary protection for US Department of Of State personnel including Ambassador Bremer* – who was at that time ‘the most threatened man in the world’.
Values-driven and Evidence-based Training
Dynamis is an ICM Quality Award Centre (QAC#2201) for the delivery of Workplace Violence Prevention Training. We tailor our Conflict Management, De-Escalation, Breakaway and Physical Restraint Training courses for your context and the unique safety requirements and ethos of your service, enabling your team to improve their practice for the prevention and management of violence and aggression.
We help your team to manage the entire spectrum of conflict, from simple communication to complex crisis. The approach we teach your staff combines verbalisation skills for de-escalation of conflict with appropriate, last-resort physical alternatives.