Feedback on our trainer-qualification courses has been so strong that this year we are running another self-protection trainer certification in October. Candidates have been raving about how much they learned and the enthusiasm they gained from working on our last instructor course, that we have been asked to run another one in 2015 and the dates have been set from 18-20 October.
Registration is now open for the October certification course, which incorporates the NFPS/BTEC Level 3 Award in Self-Defence Instruction. The webpage with all the information you need to learn more about this course is here.
New trainers joining the team will learn about:
- Reasonable Force and legal issues in self-defence
- Health and Safety issues for training in self-defence skills
- Essential physiology and psychology of high-stress encounters
- the “9 Attitudes” framework for understanding responses to violence (read more about the ‘9 attitudes’ here)
- Fundamental Personal Safety practices (adapted from our book on Lone Working Personal Safety by Gerard O’Dea – Amazon Link)
- 26 layered and progressive drills which quickly enable people to learn self-defence skills (the Functional Edge System)
At Dynamis, we have been teaching Personal Safety, Breakaway and Self-Defence skills for almost a decade using the information contained in our Core Trainer course, to teams in Education, Healthcare, Social Care, Housing and Security in addition to our private clients and group classes. The material is suitable for learners of all ages and is easily adapted for specific roles and even individual tasks and scenarios which a client company may wish to include in their training. The Core Trainer course will give you the tools you need to tailor your training to meet the specific details of your client’s requirements and their learner’s needs.
Take a look at the trainer course today and see how you can become a certified Functional Self-Protection and Personal Safety trainer!
See our feedback and action video clips from the April 2015 course in this video: